Hospital Negligence Calls for an Experienced Attorney
When you're admitted to a hospital, you expect the facility to be properly maintained and hygienic. You expect the doctors to be fully trained and perform at a reasonable level of competence.
When hospitals fail to ensure that standards are met or doctors make surgical mistakes or diagnosing errors, patients may suffer unnecessary injuries.
Medical malpractice cases are complicated. If you or a loved one has been injured, it's important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can determine who's responsible for your injuries. In a malpractice case, a hospital may blame the doctor, who may not be employed by the hospital. The doctor may claim that the hospital's staff was negligent.
At Zbinden & Curtis, we can help you sort through the complex details of your case. We typically pore over hospital medical records and timelines to hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence.
Examples of Hospital Negligence
The following are some examples of hospital or physician negligence:
- Administration of wrong medication
- Decisions about care made as response to pressure by HMOs to save money
- Delayed or improper administration of medication
- Discharge from inpatient stay before it's safe for the patient to return home
- Improper use of a medical device
- Misdiagnosis of heart attack, stroke or other serious medical condition while under hospital care
- Unnecessary or unauthorized surgical procedure
Hospital or physician negligence may arise out of any of the following conditions:
- Careless hospital employees and staff
- Failure to follow procedures and rules
- Insufficient supervision
- Insufficiently trained hospital employees and staff
- Lack of communication
Some negligence cases result in the death of the patient, which may lead to a wrongful death case. We can pursue compensation for families who have lost loved ones due to medical malpractice.
Contact an Experienced Lawyer - Your Hospital Negligence Case Matters
At Zbinden & Curtis, serving all of Oregon and Washington, our firm puts experience and resources to work for victims of hospital or physician negligence. Contact our firm today for a free case evaluation.
We realize your case is about more than just money. It's about justice and closure, about making sure you are rightfully compensated for your injuries due to someone else's negligence.